Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service entails stashing and/or sharing given content on a web server hosted by a hosting vendor. There are different forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a glimpse at these. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you'd like to create a web site, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service supplied by certain file storage providers, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages are often supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inappropriate interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between autonomous sets of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various webspace hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is good if you want to share a great quantity of pics with pals or colleagues since the solution is commonly free. You will get a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your email box accounts. Some companies offer web site hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you want to own a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to run as many videos as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to keep a site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Hostomedia, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content only.